Being a Tri-Athlete is not easy! On top of training for three different disciplines, you also need to know a lot about each one!
Below is a list of resources that have helped the team prepare.
Mostly all of HighFive trains for swimming with the Cranford Masters swim group with Coaches Sally, Bill, Beth, and Jeff.
- Cranford Master Swimming Schedule:
- Tuesday, Thursday mornings 7:00AM – 8:00AM
- (Except in the Summer) Monday, Tuesday, Thurday evenings 8:30PM – 9:30PM
- Saturday Morning 8:00AM – 9:00AM
- (Summer only) Monday, Tuesday, Thursday evenings 6:30PM – 7:30PM
- $8.00 for single day Drop Fee or $50.00 a month for unlimited classes.
- Private lessons are available by appointment.
- Find out more at the Cranford Pool Website.
- If Cranford is not near you, and are looking for similar programs; check out US Master Swimming for a location near you.
- Group rides are organized during the Spring. Usually after swim practice. Check Facebook!
- During the winter, TrainerRoad has proven to be a good resource to use on your trainer.
- Hilltop Bicycles also organizes local group rides for all levels.
Group runs are organized year-round. Check Facebook!
- Training Programs:
Strength is critical, and can help athletes tremendously. Our athletes use the Cranford Fitness Center for a traditional gym, and Crossfit KOA for crosstraining.
Just as important, if not more important than any other training; is nutrition.
- Ironman.com 6 Rules of Endurance Nutrition
- Mens Fitness Triathlon Nutrition Guide
- Triathlon.com Triathletes Grocery List for Everyday Nutrition
- Livestrong.com A Meal Plan for Triathletes
Good deals can be found on Facebook!
Check out the Facebook Group Tri N Sell It
Tracking Workouts and Races:
- We have a group on Strava! Fun way to stay motivated to train.
- Athlinks is great to track your individual times and PRs. It is free and gets results automatically.